Admissions open for ITC SRA’s Scholarship and General classes
ITC SRA invites applications for admission to its general classes and scholarship course.
- Applicants should have successfully completed class X (Secondary school) and be within the age limit of 25 years.
- Each applicant must send us an audio cassette/cd containing half an hour of a recent (not more than 3 months old) recording (vocal - vilambit and drut khayal / dhrupad / thumri or instrumental - sitar / sarod), together with a bio-data.
- ITC SRA’s Expert Committee will screen and evaluate the music.
- Once evaluation is completed, short listed applicants will be invited to appear for the final audition and interview before our Expert Committee and will be sent an admission form.
- The applicant will be required to come to Kolkata at his/her own expense.
- Finalists with a high level of talent and a fair knowledge of theory will be taken on as scholars, while those whose skill sets are deemed promising will be taken on as general class students. The decision of the Expert Committee will be final and binding.
- Students selected as scholars will reside in the academy, while general students admitted are required to make their own living arrangements.
- No tuition fees are required to be paid.
- Scholars receive a monthly stipend and free meals
- Training is imparted in the Guru-Shishya Parampara system.
- The student/scholar will receive a certificate from the Academy at the end of his/her training.
GENERAL CLASS STUDENTS:
- Are expected to complete a 2-year training period.
- Periodic assessments will be conducted.
- On the basis of these periodic assessments general class students are expected to qualify for scholarship.
- General class students who do not make the grade after 2 years may have to discontinue training.
- Periodic assessments and gradation tests will be conducted to evaluate progress.
In case of prodigious talent recognized in young applicants under 15, a specially designed, practical course will be offered. Terms and conditions will depend on the merit of each case. However, the student will be admitted to the Academy’s regular courses only after qualifying for the same.
Send your applications to:
“Admissions”- ITC Sangeet Research Academy
1, Netaji Subash Chandra Bose Road
Kolkata- 700 040
Tel No: +91-33-2377 3395/2381 0559
Fax No: +91-33-2377 4371